- This event has passed.
LASID 2021 case applications deadline.
January 10, 2021 @ 8:00 am – 11:59 pm
Dear LASID members: A new edition of the LASID Summer School is coming, and this time, ONLINE!
If you are a LASID Junior member and you are working on a career in primary immunodeficiencies, this will be another excellent opportunity to update your knowledge from faculties at the forefront of PIDs, hear about the latest diagnostic tools, and learn from leaders in the field who see and manage patients with the whole spectrum of primary immunodeficiency, while also networking and socialising with your colleagues, this time online. Apply Now!
18-20 March 2021
A nice platform ONLINE!
Applications are due by 10 January 2021.
ELIGIBILITY AND GUIDELINES:
- Applicants must hold an MD, MSc or PhD degree and plan to pursue a career in primary immunodeficiency;
- Applicants must have previous training in Pediatrics or Internal Medicine and be under training or just concluded Immunology & Allergy residency, or a MSc or PhD for basic sciences in an immunology/microbiology, allergy, rheumatology, hematology/oncology or infectious disease program and be in good standing within the program;
- Applicants must be enrolled in recognized programs in their countries;
- Applicants must be Latin American Citizens or a resident alien with a Legal Resident Status in Latin American Countries;
- The applicant must be a LASID member;
- Applicants who already have full faculty positions are not eligible;
- Applicants must have a maximum of 35 years old.
Applications must be submitted by e-mail (email@example.com) until 10 January 2020.
Application form is attached. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The online application will also include:
I. Applicant’s Personal Statement of career goals and reasons for attendance to summer school;
II. Curriculum vitae;
III. Letter of recommendation (ideally from a LASID member);
IV. Case of PID for discussion. Maximum 5 Power Point slides.
- Applications will be reviewed by LASID Educational Committee.
- Each member of the committee will score the applications. A mean of the scores will be calculated and the applications discussed on a conference call.
- Application review decisions are final.
- Selected applicants will be notified by email until 1 February 2021.
Other relevant information will be sent with the acceptance letter, by email.
- Commitment to the field of primary immunodeficiency.
- Career plan (potential impact on the care of patients with primary immunodeficiency).