Dear LASID members: A new edition of the LASID Summer School is coming!
If you are a LASID Junior member and you are working on a career within the inborn errors of immunity (IEI), this will be an excellent opportunity to update your knowledge from faculties at the forefront of the IEI, hear about the latest diagnostic tools, and learn from leaders in the field who see and manage patients with the whole spectrum of primary immunodeficiency, while also networking and socialising with your colleagues. Apply Now!
When: 22-24 September 2022
Where: São Paulo, Brazil
Applications are due by June 1st, 2022.
ELIGIBILITY AND GUIDELINES:
- Applicants must hold an MD, MSc or PhD degree and plan to pursue a career in primary immunodeficiency;
- Applicants must have previous training in Pediatrics or Internal Medicine, or a MSc or PhD for basic sciences in an immunology/microbiology, allergy, rheumatology, hematology/oncology or infectious disease program and be in good standing within the program;
- Applicants must be enrolled in recognized programs whose leaders are LASID members in their countries;
- Applicants must be Latin American Citizens or a resident alien with a Legal Resident Status in Latin American Countries;
- The applicant must be a LASID member;
- Applicants who already have full faculty positions are not eligible;
- Applicants must have a maximum of 35 years old.
Applications must be submitted by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org until June 1st, 2022
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The online application will also include:
- I. Applicant’s Personal Statement of career goals and reasons for attendance to summer school;
- II. Curriculum vitae;
- III. Letter of recommendation (ideally from a LASID member);
- IV. Case of an inborn error of immunity for discussion. Maximum 5 PowerPoint slides.
Applications will be reviewed by LASID Educational Committee;
The committee will score the applications. The scores will be compiled and the applications discussed on a conference call;
Application review decisions are final;
Selected applicants will be notified until 15th June by email;
Free accommodation and travel expenses will be provided.
Other relevant information will be sent with the acceptance letter, by email.
Commitment to the field of Inborn Error of Immunity.
Career plan (potential impact on the care of patients with Inborn Error of Immunity ).
LASID Educational Committee