- This event has passed.
2021 LASID-TAKEDA FELLOWSHIP AWARD deadline
September 28, 2021 - October 10, 2021
2021-2023 Fellowship Award The Latin American Society of Primary Immunodeficiency LASID is an association of professionals dedicated to develop and perfect education, scientific research and health care within the field of Inborn Errors of Immunity (IEI). In activity since 2009, LASID’s mission includes increase awareness of such a heterogeneous group of diseases at all levels in all over Latin America continent, develop diagnostic capabilities to reach as many as possible patients and favour the development and creation of new centers specialized in the management of these patients as well as in the development of research in this field. Having this mission in mind, LASID proposes a new edition of the Scholarship Program Fellowship Award, which offers an award to an individual for training during two years in the field of primary immunodeficiency diseases. The objective of the grant is to support the development of academic clinical immunology research careers of advanced fellows-in-training who have demonstrated commitment to the study of primary immunodeficiency as a career path in Latin America. Funding is to support the education and research endeavors of this individual.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS:
- Award applications must be submitted by the e-mail: email@example.com
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- The online application will include:
- You may download the application form here
- Applicant’s Personal Statement
- Career Development Plans
- Current Training and Research Environment Description
- An Outline of the Current Career Development Project
- Applicant Biographical Sketch
- Primary Mentor Biographical Sketch
- Financial Conflict of Interest Statement(s)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Applications will be reviewed by members of LASID Education Committee.
- LASID Education Committee will score the applications (recusing themselves from any applications which would represent a conflict of interest). The scores will be counted and the applications discussed on a conference call.
- Application review decisions are final.
- Scientific merit of training program and research project.
- Commitment to the field of primary immunodeficiency.
- Environment and mentor.
- Career plan (potential impact on the care of patients with primary immunodeficiency).
- For reasons beyond our will, the call for candidates begins now, 30 days before the LASID 2021 meeting;
- The candidates will have until October the 10th to send the following documents required for the application : apllication form (includes applicant’s organization certification and acceptance), applicant personal statement, career development plans, description of current training and research environment, outline for current career development project, applicant biographical sketch (NIH format), primary mentor biographical sketch (NIH format), financial conflict of interest statement(s) (applicant and mentor’s) and letter(s) of recommendation;
- Members of the LASID Education Committee will select the candidates according to criteria previously used in other editions of this activity (will have 13 days for this appreciation);
- The result of the selection will be presented during the LASID 2021 Meeting and then published on the LASID website and communicated by e-mail to the candidates;
- The grant amount will be paid in 4 installments. Candidates are requested to submit 3 partial reports and a final report (total 4 reports) so that the value of the installments is deposited;
- A final report and a comment from the educational committee will be sent to the sponsor at the end of the program.